ANDREWS ACADEMY – SCHOOL OF EXCELLENCE
DISTANCE EDUCATION FOR HIGH SCHOOL
Foundation, IGCSE & AS/A Level
International Standards and Accreditation
Cambridge University International Examinations
At Andrews Academy, we are proud to offer high school students quality distance education of the highest international standards utilizing the Cambridge curriculum.
The 2020 distance fees are charged as follows:
Foundation (Grade 8/9)
R 2 500.00 per month for 10 months
IGCSE (Grade 10 & 11)
R 2 600.00 per month for 10 months
AS Level (Grade 12)
R 2 800.00 per month for 10 months
A Level (Post Grade 12)
R 3 200.00 per month for 10 months
R 3 500.00 (once off)
• Fees are payable per month over ten (10) monthly installments from 30 December 2019 until 30th September 2020. The initial registration fee is payable upon registration.
• The Cambridge endorsed textbooks are ordered online or at Lohmiller German Bookshop (stock dependent) at Cresta Shopping Centre. See textbook list for more details.
• Cambridge International Exams are facilitated at Andrews Academy in October/November and only in May/June depending on the number of applicants.
• The External Cambridge Examinations for Checkpoint Foundation (Grade 8/9) are charged at R1800.00 per subject (Mathematics, English and Science only). These exams are compulsory for students intending to go to IGCSE level in the following year.
• The External Cambridge Examinations for IGCSE & AS/A Level are charged from R2400.00 (IGCSE) per subject payable on the 30th June for the October/November exams. Subjects with practical components carry an additional fee of R1 090 per subject. See exam registration form for more details.
• If external exam fees are paid after the 30th June, late penalty fees apply. The list of penalties (as imposed by Cambridge) is available upon request.
Please note the following:
o The external examination prices are subject to change depending on Rand/GBP Pound exchange rate.
o The examination fees are non-refundable and cannot be postponed to the next session.
What is Included in the Distance Fees:
• Term planners for each subject will be emailed at the beginning of each term.
• Syllabus for each subject will be uploaded to the Google Drive.
• 1st & 3rd Term Assessments will be sent on the same day as they are written at Andrews Academy. The parent responsible should invigilate this assessment and return the completed script to Andrews Academy within 5 days. No scripts will be marked if not received on time.
• Reports will be issued at the end of each term, providing all the assessments have been done in each subject and account is up to date.
• June Internal Exams are to be written at Andrews Academy. These are compulsory for all students. No internal June or November exams may be written elsewhere.
• Past papers for each subject sent via the Google Drive.
What is NOT Included in the Distance Fees:
• Textbooks, workbooks or study guides. The current textbook list will be sent to you once registration fee has been received.
• Marking of the past papers. Should you require these to be marked, an extra charge will be payable to the teacher directly (to be discussed with the teacher).
• Extra lessons with the teachers are charged per hour for a private lesson or for a group lesson should they be required. Please enquire with the teacher directly.
To register for Cambridge exams or for further information,
please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information or to apply, please contact Dee Pillay
011 431 0631 or email email@example.com
Textbooks, workbooks or study guides. The current textbook list will be sent to you once registration fee has been received. Please note that the subject fee does not include textbooks, workbooks and study guides.
WHERE TO PURCHASE TEXTBOOKS:
KP Lohmiller German Bookstore
(Cresta Shopping Centre)